This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 25 June 2021. A current copy is located at http://www.plural-consulting.com/node/20186
You are here
APVMA social media
The APVMA maintains a social media presence to engage with our stakeholders and the broader community on the regulation of agricultural and veterinary chemicals.
Questions, constructive commentary and feedback are welcome on our social media accounts. We expect users to post comments that are relevant and respectful to the community as a whole.
You can connect with the APVMA on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn:
Connecting with us on social media
If you follow the APVMA on social media you can expect posts that promote the work of the APVMA, including:
- upcoming events
- public consultations
- notifications of the APVMA Gazette
- media releases
- news items
- recruitment advertisements
- other relevant government, legislative or regulatory information.
APVMA social media accounts are monitored during standard business hours, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
We don’t automatically follow organisations or users who follow our accounts, and being followed by the APVMA does not imply endorsement of any kind. As part of social media maintenance and monitoring we may decide to unfollow some accounts and/or users.
Where appropriate, the APVMA will respond to general enquiries through social media, however we recommend that general enquiries be referred to our enquiries team. Media enquiries will not be responded to on social media and should be directed to email@example.com.
Information received through APVMA social media is managed in line with our privacy statement and those of Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Licence under which you post content
In posting material to an APVMA social media account, you agree to comply with the APVMA’s copyright policy.
Using social media
Therefore, in using the APVMA’s social media accounts, you agree:
- not to reveal personal information of stakeholders or APVMA staff
- not to reveal confidential commercial information (CCI) of holders, applicants, nominated and authorised agents or authorising parties
- not to post irrelevant, excessively long material or material that does not relate to our business operations
- not to use the social media site to defame, insult, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or attack anyone
- not to post any material that is offensive, obscene, vulgar or violent
- not to post material that is political in nature
- not to post any material that is hateful, vilifies or discriminates against any particular race or ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, age, disability, marital or domestic status, criminal record or political beliefs
- not to post any material that is fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- not to impersonate or falsely represent any other person or organisation
- not to troll or deliberately disrupt discussion
- not to post any material that you do not have a legal right to post
- not to post material that identifies matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not to post any material that advertises, offers or promotes anything of a commercial nature (for example any material which may breach the Spam Act 2003 (Cth)), is a commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- not to use link baiting
- to always treat other people using the social media platforms with respect and courtesy
- not to post any material or encourage any conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or is otherwise illegal or unlawful
- not to introduce any virus or other form of malicious code into the social media sites.
The APVMA's rights
The APVMA reserves the right to:
- monitor any activity and content associated with the APVMA social media accounts
Social media services may occasionally be unavailable. The APVMA accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
The APVMA does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense however caused or incurred (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of its social media accounts or any linked site or facility. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss arising from your use of, or reliance on, information accessed using the APVMA’s social media accounts. This disclaimer does not exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms is excluded. Reasonable efforts will be made by the APVMA to moderate and remove any inappropriate posts or comments.
The APVMA accepts no responsibility, whether expressed or implied, for the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information posted on its social media accounts or its relevance and suitability for any purpose. The APVMA does not endorse or otherwise support any view, opinion or comment posted by a user or contributor on its social media accounts.
Users should exercise their own skill and care with respect to evaluating such posts or comments and that they carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the post or comment for their purposes.
The APVMA accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from, or connected to, its failure to moderate any post or comment or the use of, or reliance on, any post or comment by a user.