Minor use and emergency permits

Qualification for minor or emergency use status

The proposed use must meet existing guidelines to qualify as a minor use, as outlined in the?Guide?for?determining minor uses, or as being for emergency use, as outlined in the?Guide for determining emergency uses or research purposes.

Consent to import

Minor use or emergency permits that require the import of an unregistered product or unapproved active constituent require a separate consent to import certificate.? Details of this certificate may be found on the?Consent to import page.? A separate application form must be submitted with the permit application to allow legal import of an unregistered product or unapproved active into Australia.

Where the product will be dealt with under an APVMA permit, please use the decision tree.

To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.