Import and export

The APVMA may authorise the importation of unregistered and unapproved agricultural and veterinary chemicals where necessary.

Australian exporters of agricultural and veterinary chemical products and active constituents may be required to obtain a certificate of export from the APVMA before other countries will accept the importation of these products.

Importing agricultural chemicals or veterinary medicines

There are strict rules around importing chemical products into Australia. Learn more about what is required to gain consent to import a chemical product.

Export certificates

Before accepting exports of a chemical product from Australia, many countries require an assurance from the government authority responsible for regulating the product in Australia.

To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.